Want me to be your doula?

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Doula Love and Midwifery Education Day

In the thick of the laboring night, a beautiful family I had the privilege of doula-ing for.
Know someone looking for a doula? Check out my profile at Mothertree Birth Services!


Saturday June 4th

2pm-4:30pm

Mint Tea
2014 Main St. Vancouver, WA 98660
360.699.4991

I'm hosting a midwifery education day at the cool little bistro Mint Tea!

I'll be showing the documentary "The Business of Being Born," and you will hear from 2 rad homebirth midwives serving families in SW Washington along with first hand stories from some lovely mamas and papas about why they chose to birth with a Certified Professional Midwife at home and at a free standing birth center. And, snag some coupons for free fancy cloth diapers from Cotton Babies! (while supplies last)

I wanted to have this event because I am passionate about educating the public about birth, options, and discuss the very real fact that our perceptions of birth are shaped by our culture, fear, media.

There is a serious shortage of midwives in Washington state, especially the Vancouver area, and because this is my community where I want to serve as a midwife (somewhere in Southern Washington...the gorge is my most favorite place in all the world. And there are no midwives there as far as I can tell.)

I want to create a space where families can be honest, vulnerable, ask questions, and gain insight.

If all goes well this time around I will host an event like this again next month showing another birth related documentary and holding a discussion around it.

So come on out June 4th ! Spread the word.

xoxo

8 comments:

The Beehive said...

Yay! Go Beth! I wish I could serve with you in Washington, there's just the small issue of around 6000miles! Ah well, at least the women of Washington are safe with you. Good luck in your ventures, they're lucky to have you xxxxx

Tatiana said...

Sounds like a great event! Let us know how it went.

Anonymous said...

BETH!!! I must get in contact with you! I lost your phone # and you are off FB now. I am coming to Portland for my test and we MUST get together! PLEASE call/text me ASAP!!!! Terri Young

Tita said...

Hello,
I want to ask you abouth your experiance on Fillipines. Do you have some mail or FCB??
Thans, Tita

Bri said...

Hi Beth. My name is Brielle. I have followed your blog for about a year and have commented several times. I would like to remove those comments. I still support you and your cause, I simply want to remove them. I would love to get your email so I can tell you what addresses I posted under (I used my own and also my mom's). Thank you.

Jeff said...

Hi Beth,

I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
-Jeff

free standing pantry said...

Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
Sorry to post this publicly, but I had no choice if I wanted to reach you.
Recently you have been popping into my mind, so I googled you! :)Just wanted to let you know that I was soo happy to see all the good you are doing in your life, and for others- Selfless, beautiful things. Kind & Generous, you have always been a blessing to all. Plus- you're still pretty rad! I love ya! Take care grrrrl... Tara